In 2020, the Revenue Service of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia, a Member Tax Administration of the BRITACOM, was reported to achieve great improvements in 14 indicators of 8 Performance Outcome Areas in the IMF TADAT assessment compared to the one conducted in 2016.
The following actions have been taken by the Revenue Service of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia during 2017-2020:
• A modern tax register system has been introduced;
• Tax compliance risk identification and management process has been improved, by using third party information;
• Tax dispute resolution procedures have been made more efficient by using an independent and impartial dispute management system;
• A wide range of electronic services have been developed for the taxpayers;
• An Automatic VAT refund system has been introduced, providing easy and quick procedures for the refund.
In response to the 2020 TADAT assessment results, Revenue Service of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia is going to set an action plan in order to address challenges and needs, revealed by the assessment and improve its performance in the future.
For more information please visit: